Socially distanced flu appointments for the 2021/22 season are now available for booking.
Telephone 01825 766 055 to book your flu appointment
All patients aged over 65 are eligible for a free flu vaccine (Meads wave 1) as well as patients aged under 65 who live with chronic conditions such as COPD, asthma, diabetes etc together with those patients living in the same household as someone who has been 'shielding' from coronavirus. (Meads wave 2)
In order to alleviate pressure on the NHS and protect the community, Public Health have said patients aged between 50-64 (Meads wave 3) who do not have any chronic conditions are also eligible to receive a vaccination subject to there being enough vaccine supply.
In line with NHS guidance we will be prioritising our 'at risk' groups as well as patients aged 65 and over. If you are aged 50-64 and have no chronic conditions we will add your name to a waiting list. Patients in this 'wave' will be immunised on a first come first served basis once the vaccines become available.
Appointments will be quick and efficient.
If you are unsure whether you qualify for a free flu vaccine please telephone the surgery on 01825 766 055.
If you have mobility issues we will be offering a limited number of 'drive through' vaccination appointments. Please speak to a receptionist if you believe you need a 'drive through' appointment.
Apppointment check list:
Once you have booked your appointment you should note the following:
- Arrive at the time of your appointment
- Arrive by foot if possible, if you are attending a Saturday flu appointment you can use the car park of “TR Fastenings” at your own risk. TR fastenings is the first building on the right as you enter the industrial estate from Bell Farm Road. Parking in the surgery car park will be extremely limited.
- Please do not bring extra people (including young children) to the appointment with you unless they are your carer
- Wear a face covering
- Do not come to your appointment if you are unwell
- Please help us to help you and wear short sleeves for your appointment. You will have time to remove coats and jumpers before being immunised
- You will have the opportunity to sanitise your hands just before going into the clinical room
- We politely ask patients not to engage in discussing clinical matters on the day unrelated to their immunisation appointment. Our phone lines will open as usual at 8.30am on Monday morning where will be only too happy to book you an appointment for any other clinical matters which you need assistance with.
The practice would like to thank patients for choosing to get their vaccinations done at the Meads. Having your vaccinations here helps keep the practice sustainable financially as well as ensuring your medical records remain accurate and updated in a timely manner.
We would also like to thank TR Fastenings on the Bellbrook Industrial Estate for their kindness in allowing our patients to park on their premises on our Saturday flu appointment dates. As stated above, patients choosing to park in TR Fastenings car park on a Saturday or evening clinic do so at entirely their own risk.
We remain grateful for the sterling work of our volunteers coordinated by our Patient Participation Group.